Almaden believes that mineral development should both create wealth and foster lasting social benefits. We work hard to make a positive social difference where we live and work. By supporting and financing projects that come from local groups, educating and employing local people, and respecting their culture and property, Almaden is committed to improving the quality of life in communities we work with and within.
For more information on our commitments to local communities and our social responsibility, please download our Corporate Social Resposibility Report +
- We will work to earn the trust of all people we interact with, whether they are our employees, the communities around which we operate, the governments that host us, or any other persons with whom we are involved in the sustainable development of mineral resources.
- We will respect private property and seek voluntary, mutually beneficial long-term relationships.
- We will meet or exceed industry standards for environmental protection, following the laws and regulations of the countries and regions in which we operate.
- We will educate our employees regarding environmental concerns and promote employee participation in minimizing environmental impact.
- We will endeavour to inform our communities in a timely, inclusive, honest, transparent, and culturally appropriate way throughout the life of a project.
- We will promote health, education, and local infrastructure in the areas we operate.
- We will support sustainable, community based projects that can make a positive difference to the lives of local people and assist regional development by providing training and employment wherever possible.